Saturday, June 19, 2021
Registration Due Date: June 14, 5:00 p.m.
This will be a fun day and we hope lots of KHC members will attend. Non-members are also welcome so invite your friends.
About Belmead Equestrian Club:
Home to over 39 miles of manicured trails on the historic Belmead estate in Powhatan, VA. Belmead’s trails run adjacent to the James River, go through diverse forests traversing a plethora of topography changes, and skirt some of the best yielding crop fields in the South. Belmead is abundant with wildlife of all sorts, agricultural plantings that are native to the region, timber stands that range from key lime trees to Virginia Pines, 180-year-old buildings, and stories of settlements that date back to 1684.
Timeline of Events:
- Arrival: 9:00 am - 10:00 am
- First Ride Out: 10:30 am
- Picnic Lunch
- Second ride out (if there is interest)
Cost: $45 per person *non-refundable
Registration Due: June 14, 5:00 p.m.
All documents must be completed and sent with a current negative coggins certificate and guest fee.
Belmead Office Manager
- Bring your own picnic lunch
- Delivered Box Lunches by Cafe at Maidens
Submit order by: Wednesday, June 16, 2:00 pm.
How to Order:
1. Collect group order
2. Fill out the order form
3. Call 804-598-1967
There is a pavilion with picnic tables, restrooms with showers, and water for the horses on site.
Important: Do not follow your GPS to get to the Main Entrance of Belmead on the James. Google Maps will send you to the “wrong” side of the “Cartersville Road Bridge,” located just east of the entrance to Belmead, which is closed for construction.
To use your GPS enter:
Oakdale Farm Equestrian Center
5719 Cartersville Rd
Powhatan, VA 23139
- From I-64 E take exit 152 for VA-629 toward Hadensville
- Go 0.2 mi and turn right onto State Rt. 629. Go 0.6 mi and turn right onto US-250 W
- then go 148 ft and turn left onto State Rt. 629
- Then go 0.2 mi and merge onto State Rt. 606
- Go 7.7 mi and turn left to stay on State Rt. 606
- Go 1.1 mi and take a sharp right onto VA-6 W
- then 0.1 mi and turn left onto VA-45 S.
- Go 6.4 mi and turn left onto Cartersville Extended to Cartersville Rd. (Rt. 684).
- Stay on Cartersville Rd.
- Go past Oakdale Farm Equestrian Center on the right
- Continue past the “Road Closed” Barricade to the entrance of Belmead.
- When you see the construction equipment for the bridge, Belmead’s entrance will be on the left.
Note: Belmead’s entrance is 3.7 miles past Oakdale Farm Equestrian Center. Belmead is about an hour drive from Keswick.
*If you register but then cannot attend on the 19th, you will be given a Guest Pass to use before 9/30/21.