Sunday, August 23, 2020
Held at the Historic Keswick Show Grounds
624 Hunt Club Road • Keswick, VA 22947
VHSA & BHSA divisions & Hunt Night Classes
Judge: Chris Wynne
Course Designer: Alan Lohman
Please note we will be following the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Phase III: Safer at Home guidelines for horse shows.
We plan to take enhanced health and safety measures for our exhibitors and staff. Everyone must follow all posted instructions while on the show grounds. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and those with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting this Horse Show you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. If coming to the show, you must be able to assure management that neither you, nor anyone in your household or group has tested positive or has been presumed positive for COVID-19 within the past 14days; has been advised by a healthcare professional to self-quarantine within the past 14 days; has been in close physical contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or been presumed positive within the past 14 days; is subject to a quarantine order or recommendation of a healthcare professional that in either case would make it inadvisable to attend a show; has within the past 24 hours exhibited any symptoms including fever of 100.4 or greater, cough, or shortness of breath.
Safer at Home: Phase Three Horse and Other Livestock Shows COVID-19 Procedures
- All people inside the show grounds, unless mounted on a horse, are to wear a face covering. If a rider wishes to compete wearing a mask, there will be no penalty.
- All exhibitors must designate one representative to handle the entire barn or stable’s interface with the show and event offices.
- Physical distancing and face-covering guidelines must be followed in the show office and at least six feet of physical distance must be maintained in the show ring. There will be no crowding at the gates. We reserve the right to control the number of people in that area for the safety of all.
- All competitors, trainers, riders, grooms, owners, competition staff, and parents are expected to leave as expeditiously as possible after their competition.
- Only competitors, trainers, riders, grooms, owners, competition staff, and parents or other adults attending as a minor’s guardian are permitted on the show grounds. No spectators, extended family, or friends are allowed on competition grounds.
- Attendees are required to keep dogs under control and confined or leashed at all times. Dogs can potentially come in contact with multiple people if loose on competition grounds. They must be confined and/or leashed.
Members only volunteer signup: